AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- March 23 , 2019– The Hindu Excellence in Healthcare award in World of Women at Chennai
- March 2013 – Lifetime Achievement Award for Healthcare, Ramanujar Engineering College, Chennai in connection with International Woman’s Day
- 30th March 2012 – Women’s History month honour for Women Achievers from Indo American Association, Chennai
- 24th March 2012 – Woman Achiever (Category Healthcare) from Just for Woman magazine Chennai
- February 2012 – H.C. Bajoria Award & Oration from Indian Epilepsy Association & Indian Epilepsy Society
- November 2011 – Lifetime Achievement Award for Neurosciences from Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University
- March 7th 2009 – Honoured as a woman achiever by the Russian Cultural centre Chennai – fellow recipients, singers Sudha Raghunathan and P.Susheela
- August 2008 – Zee Astitva Award for Exemplary Women – For Excellence in Healthcare given by the Archana trust, Mumbai
- 2007 – The Stree Ratna award from the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan for constructive contribution to the nation in the field of Neurosciences
- Invited speaker continuously from 2005 to 2010 by IBN International of Malaysia for the Women of Power and then the Women of Independence conference, a women’s conference held annually around March in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In March 2009 was chairperson for the entire two day conference with 16 International speakers from USA, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Thailand, India and Malaysia.
- April 2002 – awarded the –“Jaya Distinguished Scientist Award – 2002” for excellence in Human endeavor in the sphere of research in Neurosciences by Jaya Engineering College, Chennai
- 15th June 2002 – 8th Endowment Oration, Lister Laboratory & Research Centre, Chennai
- 2001 – received the “Humanitarian Award” from the Indian Red Cross, Chennai chapter for the health awareness camps she conducted in the various parts of Chennai over two years.
- 27th July 2001 – E.V.Kalyani Memorial Oration at Progress 2001 at Chennai
- June 4th 2000 – UPNeurocon 2000 Guest Lecture at King George’s Medical College, Lucknow
- 1991 – received the L.V.Ramiah award for being the only lady in India who is both neurophysician and neurosurgeon. Fellow recipients M.S.Subbalakshmi and Padma Subramanyam
- 1982 – Recipient of the Kshanika Oration Award for outstanding woman scientist of the year from the Indian Council for Medical Research, a national award for her pioneering PhD work in multilingual aphasia
- Adjudged as the best NCC cadet of the year in the Medical Corps in 1966 during her MBBS course and left the NCC in the rank of Company Sergeant Major
- In medical college recipient of certificates of merit in Forensic Medicine and Ophthalmology, and won the Leprosy prize as well as medals in shot-put, javelin and discus throw and athletics in intercollegiate competitions.
- In school was active in the throwball and netball teams, first aid classes, dramatics and debating clubs and participated in acting and directing plays for the annual day
First & Only Lady Neurophysician Cum Neuro Surgeon In India
Dr. Prithika Chary MBBS,MD,DM (Neuro), Ph.D (Neuro),MCh (Neurosurgery),MNAMS (Neurology)